Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Broke is a State of Mind


Last night I was at the WCRT Detroit meeting in Royal Oak. My good friend Jared Pomranky brought the WCRT (formerly Windy City Round Table) to Detroit as a large sub-group of the original founded in Chicago. I have been a part of the WCRT Detroit since it's inception 18 months or so ago.

I will do a nice long post about all of the entrepreneur groups that I belong to sometime in the near future.

As I was saying at the WCRT meeting last night a newer friend of mine Jeremy Burgess, strictly a Detroit investor, put together a small presentation on leveraging your time. I agreed with basically every single point that he hit on. His message wasn't what prodded me to write this blog about him.

I don't know Jeremy and his wife Jenna very well but what I know is extremely intriguing. The Burgess' came to Detroit, yes they live and pay taxes in the city, from Washington state. Some may look at this as a jail sentence. They look at it as the best opportunity in real estate in America. "Michigan resident's are too close to the opportunity to see it" Jeremy said to me last night. That was one of the most eye-opening statements that I have heard in a long time.

For those of us that cry the Big 3 Blues and whine that you can buy but you can't sell, how can a guy from Washington state move to the City of Detroit and continually net well in the five figure range monthly? The answer is Belief.

Belief in his investing strategy.
Belief in his partner.
Belief in himself.
And most of all.........
Belief that this once great city is on its way back to the top.

You metro Detroiters may laugh at the last belief, but would you believe if you were bringing in over $10,000 every month as a full time real estate investor?

My sites............
http://www.reiaofmacomb.com/
http://www.prettymihomes.com/
http://www.weoffertoday.com/

No comments: