Sunday, May 22, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
As the real estate market keeps plummeting the profit potential of home ownership has cooled as well. Here's a strategy called
"Copy the Builder"
It is relatively easy to make a profit when you sell your home if the market is rising sharply like it has been in most of the country till sometime in 2006. It becomes more difficult when a hot market slows down. It's very difficult to make a profit on the sale of your home when prices have fallen 25-75%.
Is there a guaranteed way to be relatively sure you'll make a profit when you sell your home? Of course not! However, I've seen progressive real estate investors use this maneuver multiple times when they don't even need to move.
Copy That Builder
In many areas of the country, there are builders who build hundreds of houses each year within a fifty mile radius of each other. They build entire communities or are one of three to five builders who build entire communities around big employment centers. This presents you with an important opportunity.
A New Community
Builders will typically sell first phases of communities for significantly less than later phases. On one hand, they need to get the cash flow moving. On the other, it is harder to sell at high prices because the community typically consists of dirt lots and construction equipment. Put the hands together and you have a great profit opportunity. Recently due to the house prices coming down so hard in Michigan, the later phases are actually selling for less.
How To Copy The Builder
A lot of times there are previously built homes or subdivisions near these new projects. There are always bank owned foreclosures available at huge discounts that are only a few years old. As a savvy investor you can use the following formula to make huge profits more quickly in Michigan foreclosures;
1. Find a great home that needs little work that's only a few years old.
2. Freshen it up with paint, carpet, and fixtures.
3. At this point you need to be into the project at 30-40% less (yes, it is possible) than retail listings in the same ares.
4. Make sure that it'll be ready with enough time so that your buyers can take advantage of the $8000 home buyer tax credit
5. List it with a great agent and make sure you offer both the selling agent (xtra commission) and buyer something special (like a plasma TV is they close by a certain time).
Think outside the box and you will make money in Michigan's foreclosure real estate market.
Make It Happen,
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Do you Want To Make Money Flipping Michigan Real Estate?
1. Money is made at the buy, not the sell of your flip. When flipping a house your money is made at the purchase not at the sell of the house. So, many times people buy a house with the intentions of making a huge profit only to find out that they could not make any money after all the renovations because the purchased price of the house was to high. When you purchase your property you need to be sure that you buy the house with enough money to make renovations, carrying costs, plus marketing. Mistakes are made at the purchase at the home, not the sale.
2. Get an inspection on the home - Get a complete inspection done on your property. By, spending a couple hundred dollars on this expense you can save thousands in problems that you cannot see. You can take notes and learn a lot of information from a good home inspector. In your purchase agreement you need to make sure that you have 7 days to have a inspection preformed, and if the inspection finds problems that are going to cost more money that you are willing to spend you can get out of the contract with no penalties.
3. Don't do the work yourself: - Get a contractor or several sub-contractors and have the work done quickly. You need to have you house flipped ASAP, so that you can get it on the market and get it SOLD. DO NOT spend all our time working on the property, spend that time looking for the next deal. This is how you get rich in real estate.
4. Place the property 10 to 15 percent below market value: If you are wanting to flip real estate and make money the object is to buy and sell the property as quickly as possible, so that you can move on to the next house. If you purchase a house and try to sell it at top dollar to make and extra couple of thousand dollars on your flip, and end up holding it for 6 months you are loosing money. Get the house on the market at a price that is going to blow the competition away, and you will sell it no matter what the market conditions. That is what you have to do right now as we are in a buyer's market.
5. Use a real estate agent - Do not try to sell you house on your own. Harness the power of a real estate agent and the power of the MLS system. When you do a FSBO you are depending on people driving by your house and seeing you sign, with a real estate agent you have some one actively marketing you house to get it sold. Once again this will free up more time for you to look for more great deals. If you want to help the process I have found that craigslist and listing you house in google adwords help to, but I use these tools with the help of a agent to make sure I have all my bases covered.
***#6 BONUS. Join The REIA of Macomb, Michigan's #1 Real Estate Investing Club. There is NO BETTER place to meet other real estate investors who are Mking It Happen
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
7 Reasons NOT TO MISS
Tomorrow Night's Main Event at The REIA of Macomb
Here's the list that will make sure that you are in the house;
#1. FREE admission for EVERYONE!!! ALL members, guests, previous members, & previous guests, YES this means YOU!
#2. You can win an HD PLASMA TV a lucky attendee tomorrow night will take home a new TV!
#3. NO-HOLDS-BARRED q&a session hosted by Andy Heller
our main presenter at 5:30 Andy's offering a FREE early bird session for YOU
#4. Meet a dozen vendors who will save you money right now You're offered special discounts that You can ONLY reciceive at THE REIA of Macomb
#5. You'll learn money saving techniques from members like this CLICK HERE have you ever seen a contractor with such a great website?
#6. Receive a positive message about today's HUGE opportunities in
Michigan Foreclosures meet and network with real investors, not has-beens who are looking to re-invent themselves in order to sell you more get rich quick schemes
#7. Experience Michigan's #1 place to Learn, Network, & Grow your real estate investing business If you don't think that The REIA is a great place to spend time with like minded people at the end of tomorrow night's event, we'll offer you a 200% no strings attached money back guarantee.
***Remember, seating is extremely limited***
To guarantee a seat for this money making & money saving event call 586-435-7113 right now and let us know how many sets you will need saved just for you.
Doors open at 5:15 p.m. for the early bird session
When: Thursday, October 29th The Main Event will start at 7:00 p.m. Where: Royalty House 8201 Old 13 Mile Warren, MI 48093
Investment to attend :FREE, FREE, FREE for everyone!!!
Posted by Dylan Tanaka at 1:20 PM
Monday, October 26, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
REIA of Macomb and Jeffrey Douglas Property Investments have both been on a meteoric rise ever since. Can I attribute our success strictly to goals and business planning, of course not. However I can say with conviction that without both goal planning both business and personal, we would not be where we are today.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Rehab cost: $7,500
Monday, June 16, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
RedGag Radio Episode 4
(this one's a shocker)
Click HERE to listen to my RedGag Radio Episode 4
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Super Wholesales With Piles Of Equity
Check out my available wholesales here http://www.MichiganIncomeProperties.com.
Make sure to sign up to receive updates when we get new properties.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sick and Tired of All the Negativity Spewed About
Michigan Business By 2/4/7 and The News?
Probably like the rest of the positive entrepreneurs out there that frequent my blog, I'm fed up with all of the complaining that I hear from lazy people. As the world climates change, so do economic climates. Sheople say that it may not be as easy to make in Michigan as it used to be. I want to ask them "When it was soooo easy to make money, how much were you making?"
A lot of times their answer is probably the same then as it is now, $35,000 but that's because.... more excuses. As my gift to the world RedGag Radio has finally earned it's own podcast page. This is where you'll hear my thoughts on the Sheople that certainly need to be RedGagged!!!
Check it out at http://www.RedGagRadio.com
You guessed it, Make It Happen
Sunday, February 10, 2008
On 1400 AM WDTK Dylan Tanaka & Adam J. Davis Give Real Life Account Of What's Happening In Michigan Real Estate In 2008
If you are reading this before 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 10th than you must tune in to 1400 AM WDTK today. You can click THIS LINK or go to 1400 on your AM dial. Adam J. Davis and myself are guest staring on Mortgage Matters hosted by Kevin Weedmark, President and CEO of Granite Capital, Michigan's fastest growing commercial financing firm.
If you missed the broadcast check back in a couple of days. I will have the podcast link on this site. If you have a chance to listen live and want to call in to participate here's the station number 800-923-WDTK.
Remember you can always leave your comments at the bottom of eah of my posts, and I want to know what you think!
Making It Rain in 2008,
Monday, February 4, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
The Elite Mastermind Group Proves Synergy Exists Between Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors
For those of you who don't receive my regular e-mails about metro Detroit real estate investing and want to start receiving them, enter your information in the blue box on the right side of this blog titled REIA of Macomb newsletter.
make sure not to miss this month's Main Event. Dwan Bent-Twyford, the Queen of Shortsales is flying in from Colorado to help The REIA celebrate it's 1st Birthday!!!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Last night, The Oakland Business Forum got off to a roaring start! Everyone that was there got heavy doses of great information from our keynote speakers, Terry Bean and Charlie Wollborg, contacts to build their businesses and fresh perspective on why it is a great time to be doing business in Michigan.
The Oakland Business Forum was founded with a vision to bring the collective knowledge and shared experience of entrepreneurs, investors and prospective entrepreneurs together for mutual gain.
Each month, The Oakland Business Forum will feature the following:
- a DYNAMIC keynote speaker- the “entrepreneur of honor”
- a local entrepreneur who presents their business to the audience
- “30 seconds to fame” - entrepreneurs and professionals from the audience get to “ask” what they are looking for in their business to take it to the next level - in front of everyone
Our first meeting yesterday was a smashing success! Thank to you all who came out to build your business or to figure out what you can do to get started in business.
A HUGE Part of our “30 Seconds to Fame” portion of each meeting is to videotape each “ask” and broadcast it as far and fast as possible, with the goal of helping the entrepreneur accomplish their goals. Below is the “30 Seconds” to fame portion of last night’s meeting:
If you can help these ambitious entrepreneurs out in any way with what they are looking for to boost their business, than please get in contact with them directly, through the Oakland Business Forum or contact me directly.
Be sure to attend the Oakland Business Forum for our next meeting, on February 19, 2008, where Josh Linkner of ePrize will be our keynote speaker. Josh is one of Michigan’s brightest and fastest growing entrepreneurs and runs one of the fastest growing companies in the United States! Doors open at 6 pm at the Hilton Northfield in Troy, MI.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Here is a recent press release concerning Michigans Premier Real Estate Investor's Association...
How to Wholesale & How to Shortsale Taught By Successful Millionaire Investor Dwan Bent-Twyford at The REIA of Macomb’s Main Event
Warren, MI – on January 31st 2008, The REIA of Macomb, (http://www.reiaofmacomb.com) Michigan’s Premier Real Estate Investors Association’s January Freedom Through Foreclosures Event will take place at the club’s new venue, The Royalty House in Warren, Michigan. Located at 8201 Old 13 Mile in Warren Michigan 48093, near 13 Mile Rd & Van Dyke, the REIA club was forced to move due to uncontrollable membership growth.
To start 2008 off right, The REIA of Macomb has secured their most famous national speaker to date, Dwan Bent-Twyford, for a one night only Freedom Through Foreclosures Event. Michigan real estate investing is filled with more opportunity now than ever, especially with REO’s (bank foreclosures). Start you year off right and get to THE REIA of Macomb’s Main Event.
Dwan Bent-Twyford, The Queen of Short Sales®, is a distinguished author, motivating national speaker, and incredible teacher. She has published several home study courses that will teach you every aspect of the exciting foreclosure world….in detail! In a world dominated by men, this amazing woman has certainly made her mark wholesaling, shortsaling, buying, rehabbing, and successfully selling real estate for over a decade.
Her niche is finding foreclosures with no equity, negotiating with the banks to accept less than what is owed, thus creating a “Short Sale®.” Over the last several years she has developed a hugely successful “Short Sale®” system that has earned her and her students hundreds of thousands of dollars. She wants to share that knowledge with you. Her goal is simple…to teach you how to become a “super investor” using her proven techniques, strategies, and concepts. Don’t miss this exciting lady!
The REIA of Macomb is a non-profit organization open to the public. The REIA’s main goal is for members to learn, teach, and network. It doesn’t matter where you live, you are welcomed with open arms at Macomb County’s Exclusive Real Estate & Success Club.
The REIA of Macomb meet the last Thursday of each month at the Exclusive Royalty House in Warren, Michigan. Located at 8201 Old 13 Mile Rd Warren, MI 48093 it is easily accessible from all major freeways and less than an hour from Detroit Metro Airport .
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for early networking.
First time attendees are always FREE!
***Seating is extremely limited***
To R.S.V.P. call Dylan Tanaka @ 586-435-7113
or e-mail info@REIAofMacomb.com
For information on future events go to http://www.REIAofMacomb.com
Sunday, December 23, 2007
That's how a listing should read about this romantic home.
Posted by Dylan Tanaka at 8:37 AM
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Posted by Dylan Tanaka at 2:43 AM