Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Your 2009 Real Estate Goals part 2

Success: Given or Earned II

In today's information age sometimes we forget how to get back to the basics. It's a lot easier to call then stop by, next it becomes quicker to e-mail instead of calling, soon you're texting as opposed to e-mail. In no time you're refinancing with a computer screen and wondering why at the close your rate jumped a point!

What the heck happened to a pencil and paper, a coffee and a handshake, or even yes sir no sir?

It seems like a million years ago I posts a blog titled Success: Given or Earned.

CLICK HERE to check it out.

There truly is no substitute for hard work. Tomorrow night my partners and I will be the keynote speaker at The REIA of Macomb, a networking, teaching, and success group that we founded 2 full years ago. As I was preparing for tomorrow's event I reflected today on how far we've come in 2 short years.

In the earlier growth days of the group, Nathan and I shared a 15 x 12 office and were flipping, renting, and even retailing houses from that little space. Oops, we were also running the REIA out of there also. A little more than a couple hundred members later and over 50 more property acquisitions later, we're in a couple thousand square foot office with a small staff, brokers license, and greater deals staring us in the face than ever.

We brought on another partner Adam Davis just over a year ago, and the
REIA of Macomb and Jeffrey Douglas Property Investments have both been on a meteoric rise ever since. Can I attribute our success strictly to goals and business planning, of course not. However I can say with conviction that without both goal planning both business and personal, we would not be where we are today.



Enough of my soapbox, I promised you my 2009 real estate goals and I now deliver...

1) Get into a commercial deal strictly for consistent cashflow
2) Reach my 100th purchase (well over 70 at this point)

3) Deliver an even greater experience to all REIA members/vendors/visitors
4) Create, write, and publish The Underground REI Report newsletter

5) Help as many real estate investors reach their dreams as possible




I know, number 5 may seem a little sappy. The truth is the more people that you help get what they want, the more you will seem to get what you want. If you're reading this and have not yet written out your 2009 real estate goals I truly hope that this inspires you to sit your butt down with a pad and pencil and get to work.

As always, only YOU can Make It Happen!!!

Dylan Tanaka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you head out and take on the world. You work hard, learn, lead, and assemble a critical mass of business, everyone will say your lucky or someone just handed it all too you. I know many whom it was handed to and it was a one time event. People who are repetitiously successful are lucky. Yes, they are lucky that God made them tenacious enough to do what was needed to be done. If you call that luck.

Richard